Welcome back to the Denver Mobile Auto Glass blog! If you’re like most, you probably love taking a drive up to the Rocky Mountains to view our gorgeous state’s majestic fall colors, which are absolutely radiant right now. Not only is a nice autumn road trip a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of life in the Denver Metro area, but it is also a wonderful chance to explore new places in our beautiful state. Because we know how much many of our customers love taking drives to the backcountry during the fall season, we wanted to continue looking at more of the best places to view Colorado’s fall foliage this October. You might want to read part one of our blog to learn about the first few places we discussed, which you can read by clicking here.
Check Your Auto Glass Before Heading Out
Before you head out on your day trip or weekend outing, you’ll want to make sure your windshield, side windows, and sunroof are in top shape for optimal, 360-degree viewing of the fall leaves. Here’s a quick checklist to run through before you head to the mountains this October:
- Wipe down the interior windows with ammonia-free auto glass cleaner and a good quality microfiber towel to remove any streaks or fingerprints that might interfere with your line of sight when viewing the trees and hillsides as you drive. Make sure to get all the auto glass so that every passenger has a perfect view!
- Next, check your wiper blades and replace them if they look frayed, torn, or leave streaks across your windshield in case it is snowing in the high country.
- Check that your windows roll up and down properly, and that your sunroof or moonroof is functioning well. This 70 degree October weather means you’ll want to roll the windows down and open the sunroof to breathe in the fresh, fall mountain air on your journey. If you notice any issues with your power windows or you need a sunroof replacement, bring your car into Denver Mobile Auto Glass for an auto glass replacement before heading on your trip.
Scenic Places to See Colorado’s Breathtaking Fall Landscapes
- San Juan Mountains: Take the historic San Juan Byway to view the radiance of the fall leaves. This is one of the most beautiful regions of the state, which is full of historic towns like Durango, Telluride, and Silverton, where you can stop for lunch and enjoy the fall colors.
- Tarryall State Wildlife Area: If you want to be near water on your fall foliage adventure, head out to Tarryall Reservoir. The valleys and rolling hills on this gorgeous landscape are speckled with gold and yellow Aspen groves nestled in the dark greens and blues of Douglas Firs and Colorado Blue Spruces. You’ll likely spot some elk, bighorn sheep, mule deer, and a plethora of birds while you’re there.
- Cache la Poudre to North Park: Head north to Fort Collins up to the secluded valleys of North Park and the Roosevelt National Forest. As you travel through the Poudre Canyon, your senses will tingle as you take in the golden Aspens that pepper the hillsides along the Cache la Poudre River. Keep heading west and you’ll cross the Continental Divide, a cherished spot for viewing northwestern Colorado’s fall splendor.
These are some of the best places to see Colorado in all its glory this fall. If you experience windshield damage while on your journey from rocks bouncing off of the roads and into your windshield, or your sunroof motor fails along the way, call us for an auto glass repair. At Denver Mobile Auto Glass, we make windshield replacement and sunroof replacement easy and convenient with our mobile replacement services. You’ve driven enough on your autumn adventure; let us come to you to repair or replace your auto glass.